1. Who is the Data Controller for your personal data ?
2. Why do we collect your personal data ?
During the purchase process, we ask you only for the personal data that we need to provide you with our mediation services to contract accommodation products, as well as to attend you and solve any post-contractual query, claim or request.
When you book a accommodation with us, we subscribe you to our newsletters, unless you say otherwise before confirming your booking. Anyway, you will be able to unsubscribe at any moment, using the link that you will find in every newsletter for this purpose.
If you provide us with your contact email address, but then you are unable to finish your booking, we use it to contact you in a personalized manner and help you to book your accommodation, if you are still interested. We also keep it to recognize you when you visit our website again, in order to improve your user experience.
The main purpose of processing is not subordinated to the consent given by using our Website to collect cookies and share your anonymous information with third parties to customize advertising, analyse traffic and provide you with social media related services. For more information, please check our Cookies Policy.
We do not make automated decisions based on profiles, beyond the customization of advertising and the legitimate prevention of fraud on the Internet.
3. How long do we keep your data ?
We will keep your personal data while we have legal liabilities in relation to the services we have provided you with.
In addition to the above, if you are subscribed to our newsletters, we will keep your email address for this purpose until you ask to be unsubscribed. Moreover, if you provide us with your contact email address, but then you are unable to finish your booking, we will keep your email address only temporarily and, in any case, for a maximum period of 12 months.
The information collected by our cookies is also kept for a maximum period of 12 months.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
The collection and processing of your personal data is mainly based on the contractual relationship you have with us.
When we send our newsletters to you or we use your email address to contact you in a personalized manner or to recognize you when you visit our website again, this is based on our legitimate interest in providing you with our services.
The processing of the information collected by our cookies is based on the consent provided under the applicable laws.
4. Who are going to be the recipients of your personal data ?
In order to provide you with our services, we need to communicate your personal data to the Accommodation Providers involved, in order that they can provide you with the rental or services you have requested, i.e. your arriving time, the accommodation you have booked, your phone number, etc.
We will also share your personal data with our payment solution provider in order to fight againt fraud. The OVH company stores the personal data through our private database they host and has adequate internal policies to ensure that any data processing carried out by third parties is made under the strictest security requirements and according to the applicable laws.
5. What are your Data Rights ?
Under the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of 27 April 2016, on Data Protection (GDPR), the following rights are recognised in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access. You have the right to confirm that your personal data is being processed and, if the case, to get a copy of such data and complete information about the processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to amend errors, modify data that may be inaccurate or incomplete and ensure the information which is being processed is right.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to suppress your data without undue delay in the case that the processing is illegal or that the purpose for processing or collecting it has disappeared.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to ask for the suspension of the processing in the case that such processing is illegal or inadequate.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your data in the case that the purpose of the processing is direct marketing or that the processing should be stopped for reasons relating to your personal situation, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing them or that the processing is necessary to exercise or defense legal claims.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decisions. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you, unless that is necessary for the execution of a contract, is permitted by the Law or it is based on your explicit consent.
Based on the nature of our services and the purpose of the collection and the processing of your personal data, the Right to portability is not applicable.
You can also ask the French Authority on Data Protection (www.cnil.fr) for protection to ensure that your rights are respected, if you wish.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge, unless you make unjustified or excessive requests. In this case, we will be entitled to charge you with a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.